SAIC is seeking a Business Development Senior Principal with strong Sales acumen to focus on its Air Force Cloud practice with particular emphasis on identifying, cultivating and closing business on Air Force and other DoD customers who need to migrate their applications to the Cloud. This position reports directly to the Director for Business Development for Enterprise Information Technology and Command and Control within the Air Force, Commands & Agencies Business Unit (AFDODAC BU) at SAIC.
This is a remote/telework opportunity with travel/customer support CONUS, and potentially OCONUS, as necessary.
The Business Development Professional is responsible for knowing and identifying customers and driving their application and/or portfolio application migration work to SAIC cloud contracts. Additionally, the Business Development Professional is responsible for finding new customers and educating potential clients on SAIC cloud solutions. Advocacy for the cloud platform can include participating in industry events, conferences, trade shows, etc. Candidates will create and execute a comprehensive contact and customer adoption strategy which drives growth on SAIC cloud contracts.
The candidate will also participate in the development of:
- Marketing Plans
- Capture Plans
- Cloud Adoption/Win strategies
- Value propositions
- Price to Win Strategies
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for direct engagement with senior leadership (General officer and SES level) in USAF and DOD organizations
- Ability to assess organizational growth objectives and align them to defined opportunity targets to ensure a robust pipeline within the portfolio area; manages assigned portfolio pipeline as the opportunity owner
- Ability to communicate SAIC solutions and capability offerings to potential customers
- Close interaction with AFDODAC and company Cloud team members including operational leadership and SMEs to build and execute call plans to drive business to our Cloud contracts
- Effectively engages with capture manager and program manager teams to ensure opportunity objectives and initial solutioning effectively transition into capture activities.
- Communicates resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every business development manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Supports developing teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with Capture and Program Managers -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats – conducts or assists with Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Participates in gate reviews, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews
- Participate in development of marketing strategies, teaming, price to win strategies, capture plans, win strategies and value propositions
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and 15 years of relevant experience; four (4) additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree. At least 5 years of business development/sales experience
- Established relationships with USAF/DoD senior leaders and stakeholder organizations spanning COCOMS, USAF MAJCOMS, USAF NAFs, USAF Air Staff Directorates and DoD Agencies.
- Recent track record of successfully identifying, developing and selling cloud related services
- Business experience in the AF/DoD with focus on innovation and technology insertion; understanding of advancements in technology, innovations, and revolutionary concepts that offer potential enhancements or breakthroughs in military capabilities
- In-depth understanding of growth process (capture management and business development)
- Strong understanding of Commercial Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and the scope and scale of technologies in commercial service provider cloud environments
- Strong understanding of the business cases for using Cloud Services and migrating to the cloud
- Understanding of Application Modernization and Agile Software Development
- Understanding of DoD security principles in cloud environments a plus
- Understanding of AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google and Oracle Cloud environments a plus
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Secret clearance required
- Top Secret clearance (with SCI eligibility) preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.