The Sr. Software Engineer will provide application development, modernization, and technical support, and be a key contributor to continuous process improvement focused on delivering high-performance web-based applications, API’s and reusable microservices to guide modernization, integration, and interoperability of key systems.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing application program interfaces using Java, C++ and software languages and technologies.
- Achieving customer commitments by delivering superior quality software.
- Demonstrating the ability to identify and mitigate risks.
- Supporting project personnel to ensure work progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Building, developing, and growing business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Identifying technical strategies for addressing requirements.
- Utilizing extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues.
- Driving automated testing across multiple, escalating test environments to facilitate unit, functional, performance, and user-acceptance testing.
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of solutions delivery.
- Contributing to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations SAFe project lifecycle including key interactions with Product Management and QA.
- Perform other administrative and technical duties as required.
This position requires the following skills and talents:
- Knowledge of UNIX(Sun/OS) and Linux operating systems
- Experience using (C and C++) as well as scripting languages (Korn shell, AWK, Python)
- Experience compiling C++ applications using native libraries for seamless deployment to various operational environments and porting C++ application between different OS types and versions (Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc).
- Experience working in an Oracle DB environment
- Experience with JMS, SOAP / REST XSLT, CXF, Spring Framework, JSON, XML etc.
- A strong understanding of core Java and coding concepts.
- A strong understanding of back-end and web service software development.
- A strong understanding of SOAP and Microservice API design patterns and best practices
- Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving technical issues in hardware and software.
- A complete understanding or experience of the following concepts: Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration, Application Lifecycle Management, DevSecOps, SAFe Agile.
- A complete understanding or experience with service management tools such as ServiceNow, Jira, Rally, or similar.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, attention to details, and strong analytical and engineering skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical fields
- 5 Years’ experience
- U.S. Citizen
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.