SAIC is seeking an RF/RADAR Engineer with experience in executing programs associated with laboratory and field measurements of foreign RF missile systems.
- Projects and activities include- Foreign materiel exploitation, laboratory testing of threat systems or system components, operational field testing of threat systems or system components, automated data acquisition with laboratory instruments and data acquisition systems, data reduction and analysis, and laboratory design, development and operation.
- Participate in the design and analysis of passive and active RF components such as transmission lines, antennas, filters, buffers and matching circuits.
- Calculate RF path losses/gains and space losses, convert RF units of measure, and troubleshoot and repair in-field test environments.
- U.S. citizen and must possess Secret and be able to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with SCI and be able to pass a counter-intelligence (CI) polygraph within 2 years of hire date.
- 10% Travel
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or other related scientific fields with 9+ years’ experience required. Preferably with classes in radar, antenna, communications systems and electromagnetics.
- Preferred MS in Electrical Engineering or other related scientific fields with 13 years’ experience. Preferably with classes in advanced radar, RF signal processing, microwave theory, microwave engineering, antennas, receiver design and applied electromagnetics.
- Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to set up, calibrate, document, and verify proper operation of a wide range of complicated and/or specialized RF test setups.
- Familiarization with Radar Cross Section (RCS) signature and antenna pattern characterization measurements is required.
- Experience with Network Analyzers, Digital Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Power meters, 40 Ghz RF generators is a must.
- Additional requirements include experience with system, subsystem, and component open-loop, closed-loop, direct-inject, and open air measurements.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.