SAIC is seeking a REMOTE Senior Java Developer to join our Recruiting Support team in support of our customer located at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY; while working from home. The developer will work 100% remote and be a part of a team that is enhancing and upgrading legacy applications into new Java based web applications in an enterprise environment.
- Responsible for the design, development and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the Accessioning systems.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website
- Responsible for interface implementation
- Integrates web applications with back-end databases
- Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements
- Designs, writes, and maintains unit tests such as Junit, Jasmine, or Selenium tests
Required Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or a Master’s degree and three (3) years or more experience; Four (4) additional years of additional related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase or similar databases
- Experience using version control tools such as Git
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments
- Experience using modern UI technologies such as Angular, React, and Bootstrap
- Experience using build tools such as Maven, Gradle, and npm
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance; an interim Secret is acceptable to start work. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified prior to start date.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.