Job ID: 2114577
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 20, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Svcs
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Deputy Customer Service Manager in Huntsville AL to help lead a Federal
Service Desk Program. The program must sustain the productivity of agency personnel by providing accurate, courteous, timely and effective customer service desk, remote server management and network support services on a 24x7x365
The Deputy Customer Service Manager responsibilities can include:
- Reports to Customer Service Manager and assists with day-to-day operations of Service Desk and systems monitoring
for all sites
- Provides program oversight and project status; including producing performance metrics
- Analyzes metric reports and makes necessary improvement recommendations.
- Recommends and implements approved performance and capacity monitoring tools
- Identifies, addresses and reports on all risks and issues
- Manage Tier 1 Service Manager incident queue
- Manage Tier 1 Service Desk personnel shift coverage which includes time and attendance
- Ensures Tier 1 Service Desk personnel are trained for optimum effectiveness of customer interaction
- Manage service to Service and Operation Level Agreements
- Interacts with management and other solver groups to facilitate timely problem resolution
- Ensures quality control by analyzing Service Manager incident progression to improve customer service to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Manage the application of metrics to increase efficiency and solve issues.
- Reviews and analyzes metric reports and other supporting reports
- Approves implementation of performance improvements
- Ability to maintain and update Tier 1 Service Desk procedure and protocol manuals
- Works with Tier 3 Subject Matter Experts and Tier 4 Engineers to improve Tier 1 Service Desk
troubleshooting and standard operating procedures
- Participates in the Change Control Board, if necessary and Incident/Problem Resolution meetings
- Assesses the availability impact on the infrastructure from new and enhanced changes
- Provides site coordination and management and coordinates staffing and scheduling
- Leverage feedback mechanisms to acquire information from both end users/customers and feed into CSI for
- Works with Problem and Change Management teams to resolve underlying root cause of incidents
- Engages Knowledge Management to ensure accurate information is available for Service Desk Analysts and available for leadership
- Maintains communication with Release Management and Transition Planning and Support Personnel for awareness of
modifications of procedures in support of changes deployed
- Responsible for the identification and implementation of improvement activities for the Service Desk Function and
Service Desk function as part of CSI
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD
and nine (9) years or more experience
- Prior experience managing Systems Management Services to maintain operational efficiencies, respond to and manage and monitor incidents and outages, and test and implement changes to support system infrastructure and facilities for
CONUS/OCONUS locations supporting 50,000 users or more.
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience supporting Service and Operation Level Agreements.
- Must possess a current Top Secret clearance and be eligible for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Must be US Citizen
- ITIL Practitioner certification
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.