SAIC is seeking a proactive and highly adaptable individual to join its Procurement Team as a Subcontracts Principal. Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and must be organized and detail oriented.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Develops, negotiates and administers subcontract agreements and executes other aspects of the acquisition process in development of proposals and resultant subcontract agreements of high dollar value, risk, and complexity
- Have some autonomy for the assigned area of responsibility
- Work independently with good problem solving skills, while keeping Customer Group (CG) and corporate procurement management updated on the status of their assigned activities
- Regularly interacts with internal customers, management (at all levels) with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution
- Member of the proposal process involving Request for Proposal/solicitations
- Will be required to analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/T&C/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract awards with subcontractors of various size and capabilities within the industry
- Must understand cost/price analysis concepts and tools and be able to implement and complete analysis on high complexity supplier proposals
- Ensures post award compliance on the supplier’s performance (cost, and all other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements
- Responsible for post award modifications to agreements including all change related activities
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience
- Must have understanding of the government acquisition process
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation
- Solid negotiation, oral, and written communication skills are required
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and customers/vendors
- Strong team player and leadership traits
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.