SAIC is seeking a .NET developer to support our team in Anniston, AL. This position can be worked remotely, but the candidate selected must be able to go into the Anniston, AL office on an as-needed basis and must be within 4 hours of Anniston, AL. Work as part of a collaborative system and application development team to develop, maintain, customize and support client’s integrated registration, analytics, and data management systems, web, and intranet sites and other related system, application, and data management development tasks. Collaborate with and mentor team members, using expertise and knowledge of software development tools and techniques, including Agile, DevOps, and Automated Testing, to enhance Team performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with Product Owner, Analysts, Team Members, and Customer to establish requirements and delivery expectations.
- Identify and present innovative ideas and opportunities for new projects, applications, solutions, modifications and enhancements.
- Provide programming support for the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of the client’s web-based analytics, training administration and student identification systems.
- Understand and communicate software design principles and patterns as a mentor to team members.
- Work with Team Members to ensure that requirements and functional specifications are documented and maintained using Git and other tools.
- Identify, recommend and adopt tooling, applications, frameworks, and libraries for development efforts.
- Collaborate with team members and end users to analyze, troubleshoot, test, and resolve identified issues and develop modifications and enhancements.
- Participate in Code Reviews of Development Work.
- Provide quality control on existing code, code documentation, and configuration management. Write Unit Tests and Integration Tests.
- Develop conceptual design models and flowcharts.
- Assist with related help desk issues as needed.
- Assist in delivering demonstrations and other presentations to end users and the client.
- Assist with creation and editing of technical documentation (i.e. user guides, system manuals, etc.).
- Assist with end user training.
- Create and perform database queries to obtain and provide data reports.
- BS degree (4 years exp in lieu of degree) and 0 years of total IT experience; additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
- United States Citizen and be eligible to obtain U.S. DHS Public Trust Entrance on Duty (EOD) clearance
- Work will primarily be performed at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) facility in Anniston, AL.
- 1+ years working experience in C# preferably using .NET Core
- Working knowledge of the MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern
- Understanding of Unit Tests and Testing methodologies
- Basic knowledge of Visual Studio
- Basic knowledge of version control using Git
- Basic knowledge of T-SQL; MS SQL Server
- Able to complete a programming knowledge assessment questionnaire, live programming session, and take home programming assignment
Working knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server
Working knowledge of JSON and XML data
Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
Experience working in an Agile environment using DevOps methodologies; Scrum experience a plus
Knowledge of TFS and/or Azure DevOp for tracking work items, creating and maintaining build and release pipelines
Knowledge of and experience working with MS Azure Cloud a strong plus
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $55,001 - $65,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.