SAIC is seeking an Engineering Technician III in Crane, IN.
This position requires the candidate to be responsible for performing activities involving the assembling and integration of military and commercial systems including modification of military platforms. Candidates must have a basic understanding of cable assembly and cable molding, both rubber and urethane.
- The Engineering Technician III performs undersea sensor task assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed, performs recurring work independently. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy (or conformity with instructions). This technician performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Constructing or disassembling undersea sensor components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment; may troubleshoot and correct malfunctions.
- Following specific layouts, procedures, drawings, or scientific diagrams to construct, tear down, and/or package undersea sensor components and subunits of equipment.
- Conducting various electrical or mechanical tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement, selecting, preparing, and operating standard test equipment and records test data.
- Extracting and compiling a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, processing data, identifying errors or inconsistencies, selecting methods of data presentation.
- Assisting in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials that are pertinent to specific items of undersea sensor equipment or component parts; developing information concerning previous operational failures and modifications, and using judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and three (3) years of relative experience.
- Ability to read schematics, use service manuals, follow test procedures, flow charts and use logical troubleshooting techniques
- Must have good communication skills, interface well with others
- Knowledge of cabling and wiring standards and best practices.
- Strong soldering, splicing and cable management skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- High attention to detail and quality
- Able to plan and execute daily and weekly scheduled tasks
- Able to keep work area clean and organized
- Excellent team player with organizational and time management skills
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, an employee is typically required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; lift hand tools approx. 1-15 lbs. in weight to complete machine assembly, parts up to 50 lbs. Repetition with activity.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.