SAIC is looking for an Engineering Technician II to support the US Navy in Bedford, IN.
- To be covered by these definitions, employees must meet all of the following criteria: Be able to provide semi-professional technical support for engineers working in such areas as research, design, development, testing, or manufacturing process improvement.
- Work pertains to electrical, electronic, or mechanical components or equipment.
- These technicians are required to have some practical knowledge of science or engineering.
- Some positions may require a practical knowledge of mathematics or computer science. Included are workers who prepare design drawings and assist with the design, evaluation, and/or modification of machinery and equipment.
- The Engineering Technician II performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations, follows standard work methods on recurring assignments but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments.
- Technical adequacy of routine work is reviewed on completion; non-routine work may be reviewed in progress.
- This technician performs at this level, one or a combination of such typical duties as: a. Following specific instructions, assembles or constructs simple or standard equipment or parts, servicing or repairing simple instruments or equipment; b. Conducting a variety of tests using established methods, preparing test specimens, adjusting and operating equipment, recording test data, and pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors; c. Extracting engineering data from various prescribed but non-standardized sources, processing the data following well-defined methods including elementary algebra and geometry, and presenting the data in prescribed form.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology, or formal electronics training from a Technical School, or Class A or B military school in electronics or communications and three (3) years practical experience, to include: laboratory testing, manufacturing, maintenance, automotive, electronics manufacturing or repair. HS/GED and additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Familiarity with electronic circuits, electrical cable fabrication, electrical enclosure fabrication and troubleshooting.
- Ability to be able to read and understand electrical wiring schematics and electrical drawings/ blueprints.
- Certified to IPC-620 cable certification and J-STD-001 electrical solder certification preferred.
- Position does not require a security clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.