Job ID: 2114495
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2021
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking Risk/Configuration Manager to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative set of programs.
The Risk/Configuration Manager provides support to the Systems Program Office (SPO) in acquisition and execution of mission critical systems. The Risk/Configuration Manager is part of a team of high-performing subject matter experts (SMEs) responsible for planning, development and execution of new acquisitions, developing and executing ECPs, monitoring contract execution and providing technical analysis. This position is designed to provide an entry point for junior and mid-grade system engineers to gain exposure to space and ground acquisitions. Eager candidates seeking to expand their careers supporting other critical and complex tasks across the Program Office are encouraged to apply. The Risk/Configuration Manager responsibilities may include the following:
• Facilitate execution of the Government Program Office’s configuration management and risk management processes
• Recommend updates to mature the Program Office’s system engineering processes focusing on leveraging tools to reduce manpower intensive tasks
• Organize and coordinate the office’s responses to technical requests for change
• Represent the Program Office’s impacts at Engineering Review Boards (ERBs)
• Organize and coordinate risks, issues and opportunities
• Educate and assist Program Office engineers on CM and Risk processes
Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project and SharePoint)
• Excellent communication skills (Email, IM, and Verbal)
• Resourceful, proactive self-starter and proven problem-solver
• Ability to quickly understand and respond to Government queries
• Experience in other System Engineering areas (e.g., requirements management, readiness, and test)
• Experience using NRO system engineering tools and processes
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.