SAIC is looking for a Junior Security Analyst to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) program. in the National Capital Region. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team responsible for responding to IT auditors and helping to coordinate responses to annual audit findings impacting the security of the IT infrastructure. The junior security analyst will provide support to IT management in processing and analyzing audit findings and developing responses that address the core issues. Specifically, this job requires the following:
- Research and compile evidence in support of responses to security-related audits. Provide support for third-party audits performed by the OIG, including annual financial statement and FISMA audits, penetration tests, other external regulatory agencies, and internal oversight elements.
- Process time-sensitive auditor requests including artifacts, interviews, tests, demonstrations, and walkthroughs. Coordinate each request with appropriate stakeholders to obtain the requested materials, review for quality and completeness, submit for conveyance to the auditors, and maintain detailed records as to what was requested and what was provided.
- Collaborate with Federal POCs and SMEs to ensure auditor requests are addressed in a timely manner with a high standard of quality and consistency.
- Assist with audit finding closure memo drafting, responses to auditor reports (including the Annual FISMA audit report), and other audit related documentation.
- Support the PM by providing information for status reports, status briefings, schedules, project plans, etc., both in written and oral form.\
- Ability to quickly review the work products of others, employ your own knowledge of federal security doctrine, and ensure that timely and accurate feedback and recommended edits are delivered to the author(s). All work products should be ready for delivery to the client after only one review has been performed.
- Familiarity with IT Audits using FISCAM processes and procedures.
- Good understanding of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars A-123 and A-130, Federal Manager’s Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA), and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management and Cybersecurity Frameworks.
- Familiarity with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) frameworks and tools, such as, RSAM, CSAM, or experience with SA&A tools, such as Xacta.
- Ability to tailor information security processes and tools, based on ever evolving and changing landscapes, doctrine, and risk scenarios.
- Basic knowledge of FISMA and GAO compliance requirements.
- Understanding of SharePoint lists and workflows
- Fluency in both spoken and written English, including the ability to work with highly technical and specialized content. Must be able both prepare and deliver such content, verbally and in writing, but also comprehend such content from others, in both spoken and written form.
- Ability to prepare deliverables with sufficient quality such that very few minor, or no, edits are required to be made prior to conveyance to the client.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible with work schedule during surge periods of support.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to document processes as needed.
- Proficiency in explaining complex policies and protocols in simple terms.
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to be able to assess potential risks and developing possible solutions.
- Undergraduate degree with 1-2 years' experience, or Graduate degree with 1 year of IT Audit or IT security experience in a technical environment with a variety of IT systems.
- One or more current Security certification (Security+)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.