SAIC is seeking a SCA Warehouse Specialist in North Charleston, SC. The SCA Warehouse Specialist will provide support to the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC).
- Responsible for operating MRAP and Light Tactical Vehicles in a production environment.
- Follows clearly detailed procedures in performing repetitive tasks in the same sequence consistently.
- Drives vehicle on and off of Trailer or Docking system.
- Operates vehicle in close proximity to other vehicles or building in a safe and efficient manner.
- Relays directions to other drivers to assist in parking or backing operations.
- Preparing and arranging materials and products in bulk and non-bulk forms for distribution or storage; moving and loading or unloading equipment, materials, and products; operating forklifts and related material-handling machinery and material handling equipment; to load and move materials.
- Work involves most of the following: verifying materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages, routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods, rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage, removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, water and all fluids and performs pre and post trip inspections.
- Maintains quality standards and safely performs duties while providing excellent customer service.
- Operates Military vehicles on a regular and routine basis.
- Operates hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Follows direction of Ground Guides.
- Follows convoy briefing instructions.
- Responsible for the condition of their vehicle. For example, keeps truck clean and in good working order.
- Abide by Company Safety Program and Policies, while performing duties safely.
- Inspect truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- Maintain driver log according to SAIC Policy.
- Ability to drive to destination applying commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle in difficult situations.
- Must be able to work according to seasonal and order demand schedule.
- Assists in training assigned individuals in all phases of Tactical vehicle operations.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment and supplies are used, maintained, stored, and replaced properly; ensure safe operation at all times.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work environment.
- Responsible for performance of safety drills and keeping the work site within OSHA standards.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED equivalent and two (2) years of warehouse experience.
- Two (2) years of warehouse experience to include: performing inventory, staging, packing, storage and shipping of electronic equipment and related material; operating motor vehicles and material handling equipment; and utilizing a computer-based inventory and bar coding system for entry, identification and tracking of material.
- Verifiable 1 year experience in ANY commercial or military driving within the last 3 years.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam after obtaining Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Required Security Clearance:
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Have or recently had a US government Common access Card (CAC).
- Active Security Clearance preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.