SAIC is currently hiring for an Administrative Assistant to support our State and Local Portfolio. This role would be performed out of Reston, VA.
- Provides general administrative, clerical, and/or secretarial support.
- Performs routine and non-routine tasks including special projects.
- May be responsible for scheduling and making arrangements for meetings, for researching and securing requested information, and for researching, compiling and proofing of various reports and studies.
- May take and/or transcribe confidential or technical information, take and distribute meeting minutes, order supplies, distribute mail, answer phones, respond to customer/client/employee inquiries, and other office administrative duties as required.
- Interacts with other support staff and departments to gather, supply, or coordinate information.
- Organize meetings, including scheduling, and sending reminders as needed.
- Facilitate virtual meetings
- Manage team distribution lists and organizational charts
- Manage the Executive’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- May be responsible for travel arrangements for single individuals as well as team meetings
- Manage expense entry into expense system
- Create emails, newsletters, draft memos, and prepare communications on the Executive’s behalf.
Education / Certifications / Other
- High School and five (5) years or more related experience
- Must have at least 2+ years of previous office / Administrative experience
- Must have experience supporting Executive level leadership
- Must be knowledgeable with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with purchasing card transactions
- Must be able to work in a professional environment
- Must be able to work within a team and prioritize action items as needed
- Must be able to work in a complex and at times busy environment
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $55,001 - $65,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.