SAIC is rapidly growing a System Integration team to deliver a new, complex space and ground system in support of National Security. This exciting and innovative program, located in Chantilly VA, is leveraging best practices in system engineering, via Digital Engineering processes and technology, and in Agile software development, via DevSecOps development. This multi-year contract will require energetic engineers to define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engeering Team Lead to lead an engineering team executing systems design and development, from initial component architecture and design through operations.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead development of operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies
- Lead Lifecycle readiness reviews to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
- Provide expert mission analysis to define technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs, and support calibration activities
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Current TS clearance with willingness & ability to upgrade
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering science discipline related technical field or 4 years additional years' experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience managing program staff including direct labor, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ability to conduct management and technical discussions in coordination with internal cross-functional teams. Use standard, well-defined processes, procedures, techniques, or tools.
- Experience in personnel management. Possesses the ability to develop leadership and management skills that require mentoring and feedback from supervisors.
- Ability to escalate program issues to management for assistance.
- Experience dispositioning disparate requirements and priorities.
- Ability to develop and document new processes and procedures.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Thorough understanding of space systems design and integration
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.