Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS has an opening for a digital model management senior systems engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working across multiple Directorates and Offices to identify and define future space capability needs
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractors
- Developing and using Quality Management Processes and principles
- Development and enforcement of modeling best practices and support to quality reviews for models
- Experience with process improvement and metric development initiatives
- Planning quality reviews in support of systems engineering objectives and program milestones
- Supporting efforts involving MBE and MBSE tools and procedures
- Generating reports out of the MBSE tools for analysis
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 14 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Proven experience developing and implementing Quality Management Systems/Processes for MBSE
- More than 5 years’ experience implementing Quality Assurance processes in a Digital Engineering environment
- Several years’ experience managing Quality Assurance processes
- Proven understanding of quality lexicon
- Some experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Proficient with MBE and MBSE tools and procedures
- Proven experience with MBSE and other tools to support analysis and visualization
- Working knowledge of systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operations, interface control documents, and verification and test
- Experience or familiarity with implementing and complying with recognized standards and guidance for implementing and applying quality management practices from such bodies and consortiums as IEEE, ISO, NIST, ANSI, and the DoD. For example, ISO 9000/9001 series for Quality Management System and its certification
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models
- Understanding of fundamental model development and its application to architecture or system design
- Understanding of modeling best practices and quality management processes
- Proven experience in core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player requiring collaboration, open communication, and willingness to work in a pair-programming style collaborative work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with emphasis on MBSE
- Experience with IC customer’s Request for Change process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Experience in modeling tools (Rhapsody or Cameo) and modeling frameworks (UAF, DoDAF, MODAF) and languages (SysML, UML, MOF)
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
- Agile Scrum and/or SAFe certification(s)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.