SAIC is hiring a Software Configuration Manager
Location: Holly III & NAS Pax River, MD. No Telework or Remote Support
Position Roles/Typical NGTS Day:
- Develops, coordinates, and staff meeting minutes for all Configuration Management (CM) meetings between the government customer and contractors.
- Plans, implements, and maintains CM audits, CM libraries, Configuration Items (CI’s), and software baselines. Establishes and tracks baselines using CM tools.
- Manages version control of software deliverables to end user customers.
- Assist in the development, coordination, and staffing of contract deliverable requirements.
- Serves as the point of contact and liaison for project CM activities for BMS/NGTS.
- Tracks and communicates configuration status accounting for assigned projects to government customer.
- Supports development and maintenance of Configuration Management (CM) plans and procedures in accordance with government regulations.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, IT, etc.) required
- Minimum of 4 to 7 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration pipelines, Atlassian and/or GitLabs administration and Jenkins, YAML, Docker, and other containerization and CI/CD technologies desired.
- Experience using distributed source control software (git) at an enterprise level
- Familiarity with shell scripting (both Windows and Linux preferred)
- Capable of getting clearance/certification as a DoD Data Transfer Agent (DTA)
- Able to conform to existing procedures and policies with repeatability, precision, and timeliness
- Able to contribute to critique, revision, and creation of new policies as needs arise
- Excellent communication and documentation skills. Ability to present briefings to government customer
- Proficiency with MS Excel, SharePoint, and other MS Office products
- Secret Clearance is required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.