The IT Service Management Analyst will be supporting ITSM processes for the Department of State’s Information Resources Management (IRM) bureau. The IT Service Management Analyst will assess the effectiveness of service operations and related processes and strategies for identifying opportunities on improvement and implementation of ITIL – IT Service Management best practices to create more organizational and service delivery efficiency.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate and coordinate service provider tickets crossing beyond set program thresholds or typical best practices in service provider to customer coordination.
- Provide analysis and coordination on remediation for service tickets extending beyond SLA specific timeframes or service provider tickets which have the indication of lag.
- Policy analysis, guidance and measurement of IRM’s incident management performance. In particular, the usage of service provider “pending” status tickets which have contractual stipulations tied to performance measures affecting program funding goals.
- Collaboration and guidance across all IRM Vanguard groups
- Education, guidance and assistance with creation of incident program templates allowing for increased efficiency and predictability across service provider groups.
- Monitor underutilized queues to assist service providers with process improvements efforts to streamline queue control
- Collaborate with Queue Managers on improved usage of Operational and Product Categorization of their tickets and setting new ones for improved trend analysis
- Maintenance and production of multiple service reports for IRM with any number of frequency schedules (daily/weekly/monthly, ad-hoc etc.) on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and program teams in compiling, analyzing and interpreting reporting data
- Analyze data for both reporting development as well as trend identification, event impact analysis, process measurement/improvement, and summarization for enterprise level IRM attention
- Review and maintain Process and SOP related documentation
- Review (when required) Policy, processes, procedures, and work instructions to identify areas of improvements
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, tools and methodologies to be able to execute tasks with minimal direction
- Demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to Vanguard 2.2.1 organization and to the customer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Project & Visio.
- Experience with common ITSM solution platforms such as ServiceNow and/or Remedy
- Become familiar with basic project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
Desired Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in an IT related discipline highly desired
- ITIL® Foundation Certification, highly desirable.
- At least 2 years of experience in providing IT services. Providing IT support to a large U. S. government customer, highly desirable.
- Must hold an active Secret clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.