SAIC has a career opening for a Junior System Administrator in Cary, North Carolina.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Cary, NC around November 1st, 2021.
- The job of the Junior System Administrator is installing, operating, and maintaining physical/virtual operating system workstations and servers in support of business processing requirements.
- Perform user account management.
- Installs, upgrades, and patches operating systems and complex software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in team environments.
The successful candidate must be able to do the following:
- Create, execute and report on testing and implementation plans.
- Perform Active Directory object management
- Assist with installation, operating and maintaining ARNG directory services (i.e., Active Directory (AD)) for the ARNG Domain
- Maintain AD structure (Enterprise policies, user, and computer groups)
- Maintain ARNG AD Forest Root and administrative domains along with State, Territory, and NGB NCR NEC level AD structures
- Create, execute and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Enterprise Services
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of resolving complex issues
- Strong troubleshoot and debugging skills
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in team environments
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and 6 years or more experience; OR Bachelors and 2 years or more experience;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active SECRET security clearance
- Experience configuring and maintaining Windows Operating System platforms
- Must have Level II DoD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+ CE prior to start date
- Must have the ability to obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 60 days of hire date
Preferred experience (not required):
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.