SAIC is currently looking for a Principal Systems Engineer located at USCENTCOM Headquarters, in Tampa, FL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within a team of engineers responsible for supporting CENTCOM Communications Directorate/J6 technology innovation branch charged with IT modernization planning and strategy, researching emerging technologies, and providing the customer with analysis and recommendations to meet new requirements and solve problems.
- Engages with DOD and industry to analyze enterprise, operational, and accredited technologies beneficial in meeting near term requirements and the long-term, strategic vision.
- Evaluates, develops, and oversees required documentation and correspondence for all engineering matters.
- Responsible for providing support to ensure technology insertion fit for purpose, compliance, and interoperability within the HQ and AOR enterprise to include modernization within the cyber, network and systems infrastructure, and multi-national partner network program support domains.
- Leverages strong customer relationship skills and IT enterprise understanding to lead CENTCOM J6 IT Roadmap development to ensure well-planned and resourced network modernization IAW strategic priorities.
- Ensures technology pursuits and requirements align within established network operations framework and strategic priorities.
- Works as part of a team, in a highly matrixed organization to coordinate, gather, and develop information to present written and oral business case analysis, white papers, and recommendations to senior decision makers within the J6 organization.
- Top Secret clearance required to start, must be willing and eligible for SCI.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Some travel may be required. Candidate must hold a valid U.S. passport and be willing to travel overseas in support of USCENTCOM mission requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in network engineering, software defined networking, data storage and compute, systems development, virtualization, and/or systems deployment at the Tier 3 level.
- Strong experience in designing and integrating an extensive range of wide-area network support systems in a DOD enterprise.
- Basic understanding of government/DoD procurement process and familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint user capabilities to develop reports and presentations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and create/present oral briefs to senior management
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance and as a member of a team.
- Understand DOD language/terminology.
- CISCO, Microsoft, VMWare, Cloud-focused and Cyber Security certifications are a plus.
- TIL V3 Certification
- PMP Certification
- Military support experience (joint task force headquarters and/or higher)
- Master's Degree in IT related field.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.