SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service-oriented Tier II Hardware Technician to join our team in Germantown, MD.
- Pickup/ship/deliver equipment to multiple offices and various locations
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to walk for a large portion of the day
- Update asset tag information in database
- Update/Close tickets in ServiceNow ticketing system
- Install, configure, and maintain operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Support media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Develop and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develop and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- A+ Certification or higher required
- Security+, Network+, HDI or ITIL certifications desired
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.