SAIC is seeking a Business Development Senior Principal to focus on its DoD Mission and Agency account space with particular emphasis on transformational technology and capability organizations such as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC). This position reports directly to the Senior Director for Business Development for the Air Force, Commands & Agencies Business Unit (AFDODAC BU) within the National Security & Space Sector at SAIC.
This is a remote/telework opportunity (presence in Washington, DC area preferred) with travel/customer support within the DC metro area and beyond as necessary.
The Business Development Professional is responsible for identifying, qualifying, and assisting with the capture for a robust pipeline that supports the AFDODAC BU growth objectives. Additionally, the Business Development Professional is responsible for helping manage and guide development of pursuits to include initial development, in concert with solutioning resources, of a proposed solution.
The candidate will also participate in the development of:
- Price to Win Strategies
- Capture Plans
- Win Strategies
- Value Propositions
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to assess organizational growth objectives and align them to defined opportunity targets to ensure a robust pipeline within portfolio area; manages assigned portfolio pipeline as the opportunity owner
- Strong customer engagement skills and ability to communicate SAIC solutions and capability offerings to potential customers
- Close interaction with AFDODAC BU team members including operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position SAIC for successful pursuits
- Supports developing teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Effectively engages with capture manager and program manager/teams to ensure opportunity objectives and initial solutioning effectively transition into capture activities.
- Communicates resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every business development manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with Capture and Program Managers -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats – conducts or assists with Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Participates in gate reviews, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree. An additional four (4) years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Recent track record successfully identifying and developing opportunities to award with a value of $75M and greater
- Established relationships with DARPA, JAIC or stakeholder organizations at a leadership level
- Business experience in the DoD with focus on innovation and technology insertion; understanding of advancements in technology, innovations, and revolutionary concepts that offer potential enhancements or breakthroughs in military capabilities
- In-depth understanding of growth process (capture management and business development)
- Strong understanding of advanced technologies and domains such as Artificial Intelligence AI)/Machine Learning (ML), cyber, data management, C4ISR
- Strong understanding of the application of model-based systems engineering and digital engineering concepts
- Strong understanding of the business cases for using Cloud Services, management and consolidation.
- Strong understanding of Application Modernization and Agile Software Development.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Secret clearance required
- Top Secret clearance (with SCI eligibility) preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.