SAIC is seeking an Application Programming Interface Systems Engineer to support an Army National Guard contract. As a Systems Engineer you will provide Tier 3 support services to our clients and partners experiencing technical issues and/or submitting IT requests involving business applications, networking appliances, virtual machines, and servers. This includes providing support, problem tracking, diagnosis, replication, resolution, escalation, systems engineering, systems architecting and system/application support documentation development.
This is a remote position from the DC Metro area. Travel to the Fairfax, VA office will be required from time to time.
- Configure, install, and update servers based on client service requests or as otherwise assigned
- Perform application installations and upgrades. Provide support and maintenance to local and remote staff
- Implement, automate and improve infrastructure administration tasks using tools such as WSUS, SCCM, and other configuration management tools
- Perform web application and database deployments to various environments such as build, test, and production
- Maintain and further improve the security, monitoring, and stability of enterprise environments
- Perform preventative maintenance of systems, applications, and computing equipment in client hosted or cloud hosted computing environments
- Build and administer Windows servers
- Support Active Directory, including AD accounts, security groups, group policy, DNS, and DHCP
- Maintain and troubleshoot firewall functionality
- Accomplish special projects and other related duties
- Participate in rotating on-call and maintenance schedules/rotations as assigned, including occasional nights and weekends
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field
- 5+ years' related work experience required
- Minimum of 4 years' technical support experience in Microsoft Windows server platforms, backup software, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy, Layer 3 Networking is Required
- Microsoft Azure, AWS or related Cloud Experience
- Source Control experience; Team Foundation Server and Git preferred
- Basic Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues involved with administering and maintaining enterprise application infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, email, Active Directory, etc
- MS SQL Server (2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016) architecture, installation and maintenance
- Troubleshooting SQL agent jobs, SSIS packages, and SSRS reports
- Scripting experience with PowerShell, Python, or similar required
- Virtualization such as MS Hyper-V and/or VMware
- Security auditing such as SCAP/STIG/ACAS/etc
- Linux experience is desired, but not mandatory
- Experience with MS IIS ASP.NET application installation, configuration, and troubleshooting is a plus
- Design, implementation, and management of Windows Server 2012-2019 environments
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification REQUIRED
- CompTIA Server+ is a plus
- CompTIA Network+ is a plus
- Microsoft MCSA/MCSE is a plus
- Cloud certifications a plus
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements
- Can start with an Interim Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.