SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Program Manager in support of a projected new contract for the US Navy Surface Combat Systems. This position will be located in and around Dahlgren, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Define or contribute to the program baseline then execute the program to comply with baseline requirements.
- Manage risk, customer relationships, and program staffing. Ensure compliance with quality standards and escalate challenges to SAIC leadership. Support business development and program staff management.
- Provides input in planning, developing and implementing the program baseline. Identifies and analyzes minor variances, and defines corrective actions in coordination with Program Oversight.
BASIC EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; additional years of experience can be considered (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree).
- Ten (10) years of experience Surface Warfare operational experience to include: design, engineering development, lifetime support maintenance and training Surface Combatant configurations (AEGIS, SSDS, LCS).
- 10 yrs PM experience on a large contract with 300+ employees while supporting a headquarters organization with 10+ locations.
- Prefer PM experience on a large navy combat systems engineering or navy training contract.
- Seven (7) years of experience in contract management including responsibility for directing a multi-disciplined team of technical experts to execute the contract within cost, schedule and time constraints. To include, the ability to manage resources across multiple disperse locations.
- Experience and expert knowledge in Navy training continuum; Sailor 2025, Ready Relevant Learning (RRL), STAVE (Surface Training Advanced Virtual Environment) and LVC (Live Virtual Constructive) is preferred.
- Secret Clearance or Higher
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.