SAIC is seeking a Legislative Analyst to analyze and track Congressional actions, Inspector General (IG), General Accountability Office (GAO), assigned to the Office of the Director of Defense Research and Engineering for Modernization (ODDRE/M) .
- Facilitate open lines of communication and understanding, maintain and establish close working relationships with the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) Directors, Deputy Directors, Assistant Directors, OUSD(R&E) Staff Principals, OSD Legislative Affairs (OSD(LA)), USD Comptroller Budget Affairs and Activity (BAA) Office, JCS Legislative Liaison, and legislative liaison offices of military services
- Work with OSD(LA) and BAA to maintain and update appropriate biographical information on all Members of the House and Senate and key congressional staff, including the Members most current research and engineering interests and concerns
- Monitor, track and help deliver organizational reports and briefings to congress
- Assist with response to congressional requests for information (RFIS)
- Analyze congressional bills and reports, assist with DoD responses to legislation
- Maintain current and historical records on past and present actions undertaken to respond to the GAO, IG, and Congress to assess how the information requested is evolving and how responses were made to the same or similar questions
- Integrate information into draft or proposed responses for coordination with the appropriate government personnel to help prepare formal responses to GAO, IG, or Congressional inquiries.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and 10 years related experience; Master’s degree and 8 years of experience.
- Experience working congressional actions including legislative proposals, congressional reports and language, and Congressional briefings
- Experience with direct Congressional staff interaction
- Prior support to senior-level OSD personnel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills with MS Office tools particularly PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS), Congressional Hearings And Reporting Requirements Tracking System (CHARRTS), DoD Directives Portal, Congressional Quarterly (CQ), RollCall, Early Bird and OLC online products
- Active Secret security clearance
- Experience in DoD preferred
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.