SAIC is seeking a Data Analyst to support an Army National Guard contract. You will work with our government client and our agile software implementation teams, bringing your strong SQL skills, ability to independently manage multiple complex tasks with tight deadlines, and leverage existing knowledge/subject matter expertise in HR data. You will analyze data sets, design dimension data stores, implement data exchanges, write metric algorithms and produce reports/outputs. Your focus will assess and improve data quality, create and validate business logic, and obtain, translate, and address customer requirements for solutions that use Microsoft SQL Server.
This is a remote position from the DC Metro area. Travel to the Fairfax, VA office will be required from time to time.
You will manipulate application metadata in admin tools and manage data model, data, and metadata directly in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. You will recommend design and analytic approaches to customers, then implement their requirements into new solution specifications and content. The success of these implementations will depend on your knowledge and understanding of the data, as well as your ability to envision and implement the required solution using technical data and metadata applications.
- Work on one or more agile software implementation teams and with customers to design user interfaces, reports and dashboards, automate work flows, design data models, and obtain, translate, document customer requirements.
- Create and manage SQL Server application data models using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Create and manage application metadata using internal admin tools and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Satisfy Ad hoc requests for reports or information, leveraging internally developed tools and/or direct SQL.
- Clearly communicate highly technical details to customers who have little or no programming, database, or software development knowledge.
- Provide customer with understandable explanations based on complex SQL/data-based characteristics. Identify necessary additional fields and review new metrics and presentations for accuracy and refinement. Assist in updating metadata for products.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree
- Three (3) years or more of related experience
- SQL expertise required to be considered for this position.
- Existing knowledge of federal civilian agency or DoD human resource systems and data is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, including the ability to read and design queries and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database designs, metadata management techniques, and a working understanding of tools used for database, content, and metadata management.
- Demonstrated expertise in the structure/capabilities/limitations of a data warehouse.
- Functional knowledge of DoD or federal civilian agency human resource data, personnel management, personnel management lifecycle, and a solid understanding of automated personnel management systems.
- Executing business process re-engineering and/or improvement projects, supporting mission-oriented business functions or research (e.g., data assessments, functional evaluations, gap analyses, etc.) and related applications or automated systems.
- Ad hoc reporting and other customer support and interaction.
- Presenting and creating customer briefings, demonstrations, and training.
- Microsoft Office suite expertise. Microsoft Visual Studio experience desired.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write in layman’s terms when defining metrics, reports, and dashboards.
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification required
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance due to military contract requirements
- Can start work with an Interim Secret clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.