Job ID: 2114222
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently looking for a Principal Systems Engineer located at USCENTCOM Headquarters, in Tampa, FL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work within a team of engineers responsible for supporting CENTCOM Communications Directorate/J6 technology innovation branch charged with IT modernization planning and strategy, researching emerging technologies, and providing the customer with analysis and recommendations to meet new requirements and solve problems.
· Engages with DOD and industry to analyze enterprise, operational, and accredited technologies beneficial in meeting near term requirements and the long-term, strategic vision.
· Evaluates, develops, and oversees required documentation and correspondence for all engineering matters.
· Responsible for providing support to ensure technology insertion fit for purpose, compliance, and interoperability within the HQ and AOR enterprise to include modernization within the cyber, network and systems infrastructure, and multi-national partner network program support domains.
· Leverages strong customer relationship skills and IT enterprise understanding to lead CENTCOM J6 IT Roadmap development to ensure well-planned and resourced network modernization IAW strategic priorities.
· Ensures technology pursuits and requirements align within established network operations framework and strategic priorities.
· Works as part of a team, in a highly matrixed organization to coordinate, gather, and develop information to present written and oral business case analysis, white papers, and recommendations to senior decision makers within the J6 organization.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.