A leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC), Team SAIC is searching for a Windows System Administrator to join our team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) Engineering Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and installation of the supporting Windows virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) on a Nutanix cluster using VMware.
- Candidate will also be part of a team that manages, maintains, and administers Windows desktops, Windows servers, as well as workgroup and desktop printers.
- Direct user support and interaction is required on a daily basis, so the candidate must be able communicate and work well with users, other function support teams, management, and vendors.
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more experience; or additional experience in lieu of degree
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the Secret Clearance, with a subsequent Top Secret Clearance to be obtained to maintain employment. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Must be able to obtain DoD 8570 certification Security+ within 3 months of hire
- Must be able to obtain Operating System certification (any windows certification) within 3 months of hire
- An understanding of managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows Active Directory and networking technologies such as DNS, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, etc., and a working knowledge of how to implement and troubleshoot in a LAN/WAN environment
- Managing the interaction between a Windows Active Directory Environment and large number of Linux based Servers.
- Experience with Windows authentication via DoD CAC (Common Access Card)
- Experience with managing and maintaining virtualization infrastructure and architecture such as VMware vSphere and Citrix Xen Sever
- Experience with Microsoft System Center, especially Configuration Manager
- At least 3 years’ experience supporting Microsoft Server and Desktop environments
- Experience with VMware’s vSphere and Horizon View
- Experience with Microsoft HyperV
- Experience with DoD and Army security configurations, technologies, and policies, including DISA STIG, Army Gold Master, IAVA, etc.
- Experience with High Availability configuration in a Windows Active Directory Environment for both local and remote site configurations.
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.