SAIC is seeking a Procurement Specialist supporting the Military Intelligence Services Support (MISS) Program Management Office (PMO) in Rosslyn, VA to support the Army National Guard G-2 and the broader military intelligence community.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in Rosslyn, VA.
- Directly supports the Business Operations Lead in the Program Management Office and works as a liaison between procurement department personnel, program personnel and government customers across this large program.
- Work closely with Project Managers and government customers to complete required procurement documentation.
- Create Purchase Action Requests and working with assigned Buyer and/or procurement managers to ensure timely acquisition of requested items and/or services
- Provide weekly reports to FEDSIM and RFS customers as to procurement status
- Processing Requests to Initiate Purchase to secure necessary funding approvals
- Communicating with vendors to track procured items and ensure the accuracy of items delivered
- Working with recipients to acquire master packing slips and/or other verification of items received
- Processing Requests to Initiate Purchase for all ODC expenses
- Directly support the Business Operations Lead in the Program Management Office and work as a liaison between procurement department personnel, program personnel and government customers across this large program.
- Able to travel up to 10%.
Required Education and Experience
- High School/GED and nine (9) years’ work experience providing task execution/procurement, preferably with government customers OR Bachelors and three (3) years of more of relevant experience OR Associate’s Degree and seven (7) years’ work experience
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
- Comfortable in adapting to shifting priorities and to function in a fast paced environment
- Ability to interact professionally and respectfully with employees and government customers
- Responsiveness to deadlines and completeness in accomplishing assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Word, Power Point, Excel, Power BI) and Outlook (email, calendars)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Outgoing, flexible and responsive person to support the team as necessary, with a positive outlook and personable personality, with “can do” attitude, who easily works with many types of people.
- Knowledgeable about SAIC procurement policies and procedures as well as contract requirements.
- Detail oriented self-starter.
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures is highly desirable
- Familiarity with Atlassian Suite of Tools (Jira and Confluence) desirable
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.