SAIC is looking for talented Software Developers to support an Army National Guard contract. In this position, you will work on an Agile team in a DevSecOps environment. You will work with our primary software stack of ASP.NET Core and PostgreSQL, as well as additional micro-services written in Python.
This is a remote position from the DC Metro area. Travel to Fairfax, VA office will be required from time to time.
- Back-end development in C# using ASP.NET Core
- Unit testing and UI test automation
- DevSecOps support for cloud architecture and deployments
- Analysis and resolution of issues identified by QA testers and clients
- Collaboration with other developers and team members
- Mentorship for less experienced team members
- Functional product requirement review and technical solution design
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer
- Some light physical effort required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related work experience
- C# (must have), ideally on an ASP.NET Core project
- Must have solid understanding of and experience with object-oriented design and programming
- Experience working with Python is a plus
- Good understanding of an ORM such as Entity Framework
- Experience designing and writing unit tests
- Solid understanding of data modeling (must have) and database programming
- Experience with cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Blazor experience is a plus
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience designing and implementing microservices is a plus
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification required
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements
- Can start with an Interim Secret clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.