SAIC is looking for a REMOTE Intermediate Java Developer to join our team in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. This is a Remote / Work from Home position. The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading legacy applications into new Java based web applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the Army Marketing Initiative (AMI) and Future Soldiers (FS) systems.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
Required Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Or a Master’s degree in a related field and zero years' experience. 4 additional years' related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion, Team Foundation Server, or Azure Dev Ops.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an Interim SECRET to begin work on the contract and SAIC will assist with the processing of the Interim SECRET clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified prior to start date with SAIC.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files.
- Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer or Oracle Certified Professional SE 8 Programmer.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.