SAIC has an opening for a DevOps Engineer to join our talented, dynamic team supporting a Department of Veterans Affairs program. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Coordinate with the Lead Architect and development teams to produce an automated continuous deployment platform to produce high quality software
- Write scripts, install applications, configure continuous deployment for multiple applications running on Linux based systems
- Proactively perform diagnoses, root cause analyses, and remediation to resolve operational and performance problems quickly and thoroughly
- Participate in key process improvements as they relate to our environments
- Draft documentation as required to support the build infrastructure
- Draft documentation as required to convey the build, test, deploy automation approach to the customer
- Demonstrable experience building and deploying DevOps based solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS), including experience with CloudFormation
- Strong Linux / Red Hat administration experience - must be able to SSH into servers, read log files, search filesystems, etc.
- Docker/Kubernetes experience, ideally Amazon EKS & Helm but these aren’t mandatory if Kubernetes is well understood
- Experience with Jenkins - must be able to read logs and triage build and deploy failures
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or equivalent is required
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 3+ years of relevant DevOps experience
- At least 2 years’ experience with Continuous Deployment tools, such as Jenkins
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $115,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.