SAIC is looking for rising seniors with graduation dates near May 2022 to participate in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Internship program.
The program will offer an opportunity to work in the SAIC California, MD office and receive additional training specific to MBSE, the DoD/Navy environments, and initiate the clearance and introduction process. The internship window will be for the Winter Break of 2021 (Up to 5 weeks) with potential for additional work in Summer of 2022 and beyond.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in technical projects designed to develop personal and professional skills and expertise relevant to the DoD MBSE environments.
- Interact on a daily basis with colleagues and other internal and external resources in the planning and completion of specific tasking.
- Participate in weekly listen and learn with SAIC SMEs and team members on how to solve real-time problems.
- Participate in Brown Bag meetings on best practices for modeling led by leading industry/government MBSEs.
- Prepare for the Object Management Group (OMG) Certified Systems Modeling Professional (OCSMP) certificate while completing the OCSMP Accelerator SysML Training Course.
- Review of existing models for best practices and providing additional support to complete assigned tasking for updates.
- Meet and connect weekly with a local or remote MBSE mentor.
Required Education and Experience
- Be a rising Senior pursuing a four year degree at an accredited college in engineering, mathematics, physics, or related technical discipline with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Have some understanding of MBSE principles and some familiarity with SysML tools.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Prior experience working independently to research, analyze, and resolve an issue.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work effectively unsupervised.
- Possess great analytic skills; and work well on a team in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to exercise discretion and tact in dealing with sensitive situations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.