Job ID: 2114183
Location: OAK RIDGE, TN, United States
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2021
Subcategory: Cyber Ops Center Support
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
The NOC will support PBGC’s internal network. We work with numerous teams and individuals via email, telephone, chat, and direct ticket submission. We support off hour’s coverage for the PBGC Service Desk as well., ensuring 24/7 seamless operations.
Applicants must be flexible to work any 10-hour shift within our hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with possibility of overnights, weekends, and holidays. This position is for a four-day, 40-hour workweek. We are seeking candidates who live in, or around, the Oak Ridge/Knoxville area in East Tennessee (or the Cookeville area in Middle Tennessee.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
* Inspect LAN/WAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
* Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
* Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
* Test, configure, and maintain network hardware and peripheral devices
* Assist End-Users is identifying and resolving network related issues
* Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
* Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
* Work in tandem with all coworkers, and other teams, to ensure efficient and prompt resolution of all issues
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.