SAIC is seeking a highly qualified Network Engineer in Lakewood,CO. The Network Engineer is responsible for all aspects of network administration.
- Perform system-level design and configuration of products, such as Cisco routers, switches, ASAs, and other network devices. Support the testing and installation of network communications systems, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Monitor and respond to complex technical hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Provide support, assistance, and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provide input to policy level discussions regarding standards, design, budget constraints, and more.
- Provide the routine analysis of all elements of the network facilities. Reviews network reports and logs to ensure optimal performance.
- Utilize software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Communicate effectively with other project groups, such as, Security, Windows, UNIX, and Storage teams to assist with the installation and troubleshooting of systems components.
- Participate in regular, rotational on-call support with other network team members and provides prompt service to clients and users.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more networking experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 5 years networking experience
- Experience supporting a high availability mostly Cisco production network.
- Experience configuring, maintaining, and administering Cisco routers, switches, and/or firewalls in a large multiple data center production environment.
- Experience supporting with network circuits, MPLS networks, and other LAN/WAN technologies.
- Experience supporting organization users, customers, clients, and remote sites on a mostly Cisco network.
- Experience supporting and working with other organizational IT departments/teams such as Security, Windows, UNIX, Storage, and other IT teams.
- Experience and ability to work on project and task assignments responsibly and timely manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot network performance issues and analyze network traffic using network monitoring tools, and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance prior to starting work.
Desired Certifications & Experience
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification.
- Experience with routing protocols, such as, BGP and OSPF.
- Experience with IPv6 addressing, routing, and connectivity.
- Experience with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI).
- Experience with Citrix Netscaler (or other load balancing) and managing/deploying SSL Certificates.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.