SAIC is hiring a Computer Refresh Technician to support the EPA in Washington D.C.
Highly qualified candidates will work on-site in an end-user support capacity providing excellent customer service. Support will be performed in person (on-site users) or via telephone/remote control (off-site users).
- Image new hardware.
- Configure new hardware.
- Ensure OneDrive user data synchronization.
- Confirm required software installation via SCCM and/or manually install licensed software as needed.
- Install new hardware at end user locations for on-site users.
- Pack/ship/track remote user shipments.
- Complete end user Quality Assurance.
- Utilize ServiceNow to track all steps and track any issues.
End User Support:
- Ensure proper operation of technology applications and equipment by identifying, researching and resolving technical problems.
- Provide deskside assistance to resolve technology issues and provide how-to knowledge transfer to end users on a variety of computer-related issues.
- Provide quality level II support for users with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical knowledge and timeliness either by resolving the issue or escalating and coordinating efforts of other Information Technology staff.
- Solve technical issues and/or investigate elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions to more complex problems or issues. Must know when to escalate issues not resolved at this level to management.
- Utilize ServiceNow for issue tracking, ensuring all user requests for assistance are accompanied by a ticket and all tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention.
- Ensure all tickets are resolved within documented service levels.
- Interact with asset management, network services, software systems engineering, applications development and/or printer maintenance services to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Assist in developing and documenting improvements to current processes, creating/updating KAs and SOPs.
- Possess excellent presentation, verbal communication and written skills.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to handle pressure and changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with customers, vendors, management, and co-workers is crucial.
- Some moderately heavy lifting (computers, monitors, local printers, etc.) is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Deskside Services role supporting end users in a corporate environment; troubleshooting and resolving all aspects of computer hardware and software.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Suite in a corporate environment, and utilizing Active Directory in a domain environment.
- Dell hardware (laptop, desktop, tablet, 2-in-1) experience a plus.
- CompTIA A+ Certification and/or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician.
- This position requires extensive walking, sitting and/or standing.
- This position requires the ability to move, carry, push, pull and/or lift up to 45 pounds, as well as climb under/around desks for cable management.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.