Job ID: 2114085
Location: CROWN POINT, IN, United States
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Schedule: Casual (includes On Call and Temporary)
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Part-time technical/technologist student intern position at our facility in Crown Point, IN.
Note: This position is open to local area students only as it will require on site work during the school year at our facility in Crown Point, IN.
In a mixed lab/office environment, duties will include:
1) Compilation of existing data about counterfeit electronic components. Data will principally be from published reports of counterfeit components. Interns must demonstrate capability to take information from public sources such as electronic component batch numbers, dates of manufacture, and final component order dates.
2) Using microscopes and other laboratory analytical equipment, examine and categorize electronic assemblies, components, and materials
3) Careful documentation of observations and results in supplied standardized formats (when trained) to support determinations of genuine vs altered or counterfeit electronic components, assemblies, or materials
4) Literature, internet, telephone research to gather data regarding current and potential manufacturers and suppliers of electronics to the DoD for immediate needs and long-term reporting requirements
5) Other duties may occasionally be assigned in support of a remote location which may be of a technical, maintenance, or heavy lifting nature, depending on the individual's capabilities and/or limitations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
No Graduation Date set
Nautical/Naval Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering
No GPA preference set
US work authorization is required
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.