Job Description: SAIC is hiring a Systems Support Lead. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team that provides oversight of the current, Government-owned, end-user environment and implement a contractor's life cycle management plan for maintenance of OCIO/G-6 supported infrastructure. You will also oversee the management and maintenance of existing infrastructure and ensuring legacy IT systems and business applications operate seamlessly with services, installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and version currency and refresh of infrastructure and devices. In this role you will be leading multplie technical teams, so this is a great role for someone with a technical background who also has strong management experience.
Note: This is a fully remote position that can be worked from anywhere CONUS. Also must be willing to provide after-hours escalation support, as needed, for a 24x7 operational environment.
- Provide support to USACE's cloud smart migration strategy including scalable, metered solutions capable of supporting USACE's application and data storage needs, to include Datacenter-as-a-Service (DCaaS), Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), and DoD Provisional Authority (PA)-authorized commercial cloud capabilities.
- Ensure all DCaaS service needs are provided including, but not limited to, server components, backups, Disaster Recovery (DR), bandwidth, capacity, and storage.
- Provide support to existing data center cloud and future cloud migration strategy.
- Provide performance optimization and remediate degradation, performance analysis, baseline, monitoring, alerting, root cause analysis and remediation, and continuous improvement proposals.
- Managing and maintaining existing infrastructure and ensuring legacy IT systems and business applications operate seamlessly with contractor-provided services, installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and version currency and refresh of infrastructure and devices. Services supported under this role are as follows:
- Systems Administration (Windows, UNIX)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- User access (UPASS/IDAM)
- Email/Active Directory
- Provide high-level technical leadership to the areas mentions above.
- Oversight & escalation for the teams mentioned above to include prioritization, direction, timekeeping and other managerial administration
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Will also consider a high school diploma and 13 years of experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Active Security + CE certification or higher. (DOD 8570 IATII designation or higher; example: CCNA Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP, etc.)
- Availability to provide after-hours support, as needed, for a 24x7 operational environment.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance, and an interim Secret Clearance is required to start work on the contract.
- Background with Systems Administration (Windows, UNIX), Storage, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Email/Active Directory.
- Prior experience leading technical teams and having direct reports in a fast paced environment.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.