Job ID: 2114079
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Solutions Archt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
Description - External
The Solution Architect serves as the technical lead the solution development process supporting Business Development, Capture and Proposal teams across our National Security and Space Sector. Responsible for identifying, tailoring, and integrating technical capabilities and innovations to address customer needs, hot buttons, pain points, and explicit and derived requirements to help shape acquisitions, competitively position SAIC, and contribute to winning proposals, focused on Platform solutions.
Our Solutions Architects are regarded as technical "thought leaders" within the National Security and Space Sector who evangelize emerging technologies not only on a conceptual level, but also on a practical, architectural level. Our SA's have over the years played a critical role in the widespread adoption and advancement of cloud computing capabilities within the National Security and Space Sector. They think outside of the box to deliver results to our customers and provide solutions that are cost-effective, time-saving, and secure. The Solution Architect identifies technical resource needs to support Pre-B&P and B&P activities; coordinates with team member technical leadership and technical contributors on solution development, proposal writing, and estimating; and leads and contributes to proposal as author and reviewer.
The Solution Architect supports capture with customer meetings through extending SAIC's capabilities, services, and solutions; key product and service stakeholder providing key client features and requirements to the SAIC product owners, participates in development of solutions to complex problems which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation; and collaborates with technical business units to craft unique solutions to respond to customer challenges that may also serve precedent for future opportunities and decisions.
• Demonstrated expertise providing innovative solutions in any of the following: Enterprise IT, Software Engineering, Platform Engineering/Integration, Systems Engineering/Integration, Logistics, or Training.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience supporting DoD or the Intelligence community
• Experience with multi-cloud architectures, containerization, service based architectures, and hybrid IT
• Extensive proposal experience leading or supporting technical solution development
• Understanding of technology methodologies, best practices, delivery models or frameworks relevant to individuals domain area expertise
• Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically solution evangelizing and RFP management
• Experience design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• Experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• Experience years of experience in pre-sales engineering or solutions architecture for technology/software sales
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
• Experience setting up and integrating identity and authorization directory services (like SailPoint) and a variety of software platforms with single-sign-on (SSO) solutions (like Okta)
• Demonstrated thought leadership in cloud computing architecture and technology
• Demonstrated thought leadership in applying Enterprise Architecture principles in DoD setting
• Understanding of architectural principles for cloud-based platforms including SaaS PaaS, multi-tenancy and automation
• Experience developing solutions that exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
• Possession of domain certifications (e.g., ITIL, AWS, CISSP)
• Must hold a TS with SCI eligibility clearance
• Telework with ability to travel to the National Capital Region and Central Maryland Reston, VA or other locations as needed in support of customer engagements, solution development, and proposal efforts.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.