The Security Cooperation (SC) Program Coordinator will work onsite at the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) headquarters and coordinate with the DSCA staff and the assessment teams at Geographic Combatant Commands (GCCs) to plan, schedule, arrange logistics for, and perform assessment, monitoring, and evaluation (AME) activities for DoD (Title 10) security cooperation programs on a global basis. The SC Program Coordinator will work as a member of a team of SC Program Coordinators at DSCA to assist GCC AME teams in developing and using approved metrics to judge operational capacity and capability improvements in foreign security forces.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- In-depth knowledge of DoD Title 10 security cooperation programs, State Department Title 22 security assistance programs, and the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) process.
- Minimum 10 years' military experience as a U.S. armed forces officer.
- Minimum five years of project management experience, including requirement gathering, design, implementation, and ongoing program management.
- Experience as a staff officer or action officer at a major DoD headquarters, e.g., OSD, Joint Staff, Combatant Command staff, Defense agency, or Service headquarters.
- Ability to work with US State Department, DoD, and foreign military senior officers and officials in a respectful, professional, and direct manner.
- Professional in conduct and appearance.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to write high quality formal reports that will be provided to senior U.S. military and civilian officials.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Capable of organizing and completing all planning, support, scheduling, and execution activities for overseas travel.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and exhibit a high level of initiative, attention to detail, and accuracy in all work, while tracking multiple tasks.
- Able and willing to travel in locally provided aircraft, vehicles, and boats for trips to remote bases.
- Able and willing to work in high threat areas.
- Physically fit, specifically able and willing to walk up to two miles over rough terrain, carry 40-pound bags, hike up hills, climb towers, go into confined spaces, examine vessels, vehicles, aircraft, and military facilities in a field environment, and work in extreme hot or cold weather with conditions such as high winds, rain, snow, and high altitude (over 10,000 feet).
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Army, Air Force, Marine, or Navy foreign area officer (FAO) or equivalent, with experience working in a US Office of Security Cooperation (OSC) or equivalent, coordinating security assistance and security cooperation programs for partner nations.
- Background as a military officer with combat experience and one or more of the following specific qualifications:
- Army or Marine Infantry Officer
- Navy Surface Warfare Officer
- Military Communications / Cyber Officer
- Army Special Forces / Marine Raider Officer
- Army or Marine Air Defense Officer
- Five years of experience cleansing unstructured data, converting and uploading data into a database, data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL), data modeling, preparation of custom data algorithms, and creation of data visualization
- Master's degree and/or diploma from a US military or partner nation Command and Staff College or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience and knowledge of public policy and operations.
- Five years’ experience planning, designing, and implementing assessment, monitoring, and evaluation programs in the security sector.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.