SAIC has a requirement to ﬁll an IT Systems Analyst position in support of the Naval Information Warfare Command (NIWC) Paciﬁc. This work will be performed on-site in San Diego, CA, to perform requirements analysis in support of development of SAILOR functional requirements, new capability development, and sustainment engineering. This is a part-time role.
The IT system NIWC Acquisition Integrated Logistics Online Repository (SAILOR) is a centralized repository that provides technical, logistics, and configuration documentation to the fleet.
The Systems Analyst shall be responsible for the following activities (including but not limited to):
- Provides System and Business Analyst support to the SAILOR system.
- Perform requirements analysis in support of development of SAILOR functional requirements, new capability development, and sustainment engineering.
- Work closely with the SAILOR Owner, Stakeholders, Customers and Users to understand the business context in which the IT system operates, and business requirements of the IT system.
- Create and maintain Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) and associated software artifacts, such as wireframes, User Interface concepts, and design mock-ups.
- Maintain configuration control of the requirements artifacts.
- Maintain requirements traceability in the process of developing requirements documentation, such that functional requirements shall be traceable back to the Stakeholder requirements and to the lower level functional and technical requirements.
- Maintain a current Functional Baseline as required in Configuration Management.
- Create a requirements process and conduct Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Make recommendations to the Government for implementing industry and Navy best practices and standards, such as the implementation of S1000D standards and delivery of S1000D technical documentation development and viewing capabilities in the most cost effective manner.
- Upon Government approval, implement and sustain the solution in accordance with documented requirements.
- Review and provide recommendations on SYSCOM, program of record, and DoN S1000D practices and their impact on S1000D artifacts, such as Joint Service, DoN, and SPAWAR business rules, the information code library, the information set template, the functionality matrix and SPAWAR S1000D capability.
- Maintain Data Type Definitions (DTDs), stylesheets, and applications used to develop and render SPAWAR-approved XML “content chunks” into Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) and Portable Document Format (PDF) technical manual.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in support of the SPAWAR TMMP policy and process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Experience in constructing, supporting, and providing Flag-level military and civilian SES-level presentations.
5 years experience with:
- Providing and hosting a full range of technical and logistics support data for fielded acquisition programs and other projects. Direct experience in the SAILOR business domain and Navy and SPAWAR Fleet support processes preferred.
- Working with IT system users, customers, and other stakeholders in a team lead position related to information technology and web applications to capture, document, and develop statements of business need that can be translated into IT solution requirements.
4 years experience with:
- SAILOR website, infrastructure, workflow paths, and overall content architecture preferred.
3 years experience with:
- Tools used to develop and capture IT system functional requirements, including Business Process Modeling.
- Deploying large scale websites utilizing Navy NMCI infrastructure and security requirements. Knowledge of Navy Enterprise Data Center and Federal Cloud hosting business practices and infrastructure is preferred.
2 years experience with:
- Implementing commercial-of-the-shelf file download manager products and web based programming languages, including Java, Java script, jQuery, HTML-5, SQL, web services, and ColdFusion preferred.
1 year experience with:
- Other aspects of software development, including the development and review of test cases, process change requests, and project management of a software development effort.
- Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering, Computer/Science Engineering, Project Management or related field.
- 5-9 years experience in related field.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.