SAIC is seeking Senior Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in providing support to the U.S. Navy’s engineering community in the design, integration, test, construction, maintenance, and modernization of the LPD 17 Class of amphibious transport (landing) dock ships. This position will be located in Washington, D.C. Limited travel may be required.
Put skills and energy to work in a future of excellence aiding our Navy in their quest to protect our nation. The qualified applicant will become part of SAIC’s support of the LPD 17 Class Ship Acquisition Program Office (within PEO Ships), providing systems engineering analysis and integration of evolving New Construction ship designs. Working side-by-side with the Navy customer, our elite SAIC team is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the effort to integrate (CFE-CFE, CFE-GFE, and GFE-GFE) as well as make improvements into the LPD 17 Class Integrated Shipboard Electronics System Suite of Equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical project coordination for all assigned support of LPD 17 Class Electronics efforts under the direction LPD System Integration lead.
- Perform as an integrated team member with LPD Ship Design Manager and System Integration lead.
- Provide analysis of ship design changes/issues as directed by the Customer and implemented through the ship configuration management (CM) process.
- Interact with the shipbuilder, PARMs, system design agents and systems contractors to socialize system integration issues and proposed solutions.
- Assist in the development/review/updates to ship design change documentation and contract drawings.
- Coordinate/review CDRLs, Installation Control Drawings (ICDs), Installation Requirements Drawings (IRDs) as required in support of Integrated Shipboard Electronics System ship modifications.
- Coordinate/review Technical Documentation and Design Presentations as required in support of Integrated Shipboard Electronics System.
- Participate in and represent the Customer at technical working group and design review meetings; record, maintain and distribute meeting minutes and action item lists.
- Aid in the maintenance of software and hardware configuration management as ships achieve the milestones from production to delivery to post delivery in the Navy Data Environment (NDE).
Required education and experience:
- B.S. Degree in an engineering disciplineand and five (5) years of experience; or nine (9) years of applicable work experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work in team environments that can include broad and diverse memberships (functional, technical, and management).
- Analytical and critical thinking and problem solving skills, to work several tasks concurrently, to identify needs and requirements, and to develop recommendations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Visio and Project proficiency desired.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience in the US Navy’s Combat Systems or Combat System elements.
- Experience in shipyard planning and execution and understanding of ship operations and maintenance cycles.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management concepts, both software and hardware, and change control processes.
- Familiarization with integration of Navigation, HM&E, C4I, and CS data types, interface requirements, and standards/documentation used on US Navy ships.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.