SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Sr. Project/Solution Manager to join our team in Sterling, VA.
You will be a member of the team supporting the Land Border Integration (LBI) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program.
- The position will be supporting the various border security efforts of CBP and may include: biometric technologies such as facial recognition, RFID enabled documents, license plate reading technologies, data analytics, IoT, and other border security technologies.
- Manage Agile development activities for one or more projects, oversee large requirements gathering tasks with the client, identified opportunities for follow-on business that bring additional value to the client, i.e. follow-on engagement opportunities include additional services engagements, creating change orders when additional work required outside the original contracted scope of the project.
- Use thought leadership and understand the clients future to design and architect solutions using leading edge technologies.
- Experience with biometrics, RFID, AGILE, Business Blueprints, architectural methods, component-based development, integration of COTS components.
- Reviews project artifacts, solution designs, estimates, sizings, and submitted articles from members of the practice team.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with third party companies and presents technology.
- Providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Leading analysis of functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
- Leading identification of problems and solutions within existing systems design.
- Leading analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT hardware and software systems.
- Understanding of customer needs and the realities of commercially available IT/hardware products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products.
- Leading client interaction with senior management.
- Provide thought leadership and innovative solution design addressing the client's unique mission needs.
- Perform full system analysis from technical implementation to business process management.
- Manage multiple solution offerings with long term vision for system enhancement, consolidation, and integration.
- Provide technical leadership in terms of delivery, release prioritization, and O&M for multiple systems.
- Provide technical input and solution design for proposals and contract modifications.
- Support engineering development projects (e.g., HW, SW, Agile).
- Serve as a primary technical interface with client related to program solutions.
- Provide strategic technical direction to client. Support related business development and proposal development activities.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in a technical field of study is required with a minimum of 9 years of experience (or masters equivalent).
- Experience managing or leading an Agile Team
- Ability to interface with clients at all levels of their business, to include business operations, financial, technology and management
- Has domain system engineering experience in one or more areas including biometrics, RFID, license plate technologies, mobility, telecommunications concepts
- Must have excellent technical and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Agile project management skills are required
- Certified Scrum Master is a plus, or ability to achieve
- Ability to work in team environments across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Delivery mindset
- PMP Certification is a plus, or ability to achieve
Minimum Clearance Required – Customs and Border Protection Public Trust
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.