SAIC is seeking a Business Development Director to focus on the Navy Program Executive Office (PEO) for Digital (PEO Digital) and PEO Manpower, Logistics and Business Solutions (PEO MLB). This position reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development for the Naval Business Unit (NBU) within the Defense & Civilian Sector at SAIC.
This is a remote opportunity with travel/customer support to the NoVA/DC Metro/areas.
The Business Development Professional is responsible for identifying, qualifying, and assisting with the capture for a robust pipeline that supports the Naval Business Unit growth objectives. Additionally, the Business Development Professional is responsible for helping manage and guide PEO Digital and PEO MLB focused pursuits to include the proposed solution.
The candidate will also participate in the development of:
- Price to Win Strategies
- Capture Plans
- Win Strategies
- Value Propositions
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Position requires effective management and leadership of capture teams. Communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Coalesce with NBU team members including operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position SAIC for successful pursuits
- Execute Corporate BD CONOPS and implement SAIC growth culture
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with Program Managers -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats -- conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
- Conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Supports developing teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Manages assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the opportunity owner
- Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
- Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
- Bachelor's degree and 18 years of experience; four (4) additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Deep understanding of PEO Digital and PEO MLB portfolios to include current programs of record with a proven win rate of legacy PEO EIS opportunities.
- Active relationships with Navy Information Warfare leadership.
- In-depth understanding of growth (capture management and business development) or related business experience in the DoD with focus on Navy Information Warfare programs.
- In-depth knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for Task Order identification, customer engagement and Task Order proposal response.
- The ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite
- Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices -- demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture.
- Strong understanding of Information Technology Network Communication and Infrastructure, Network Management and Protection.
- Strong understanding of Information Technology Operations Management, such as Data Centers and Help Desk Services
- Srong understanding of the business cases for using Cloud Services, management and consolidation.
- Strong understanding of Application Modernization and Agile Software Development.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning and Department of Navy Logistics.
- Able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.