SAIC has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC! This role is temporarily remote due to Covid-19. Associates will report back to the office at the customer's request.
- Provide administrative support
- Manage day-to-day operations including requesting supplies, paper, toner, human resource duties, task management duties, mail pickup and distribution
- Time and Attendance (TATEL) serves as the approving time keeping manager for division
- Monitor front office e-mailbox, schedule meetings, leave calendar
- Manages the GPI Division Chief’s Calendar and supports management of the calendars for the GPI Management Team as needed
- Create and monitor progress of TaskIT actions and service requests
- Experience managing taskers and inner office tasks
- Knowledge of tracking systems to effectively manage incoming tasks and coordination of responses
- Experience utilizing multiple tools, such as Google Sheets, SharePoint, and MS Teams for task management
- Compiles and organizes tasks and recommends assignments to the Division Chief within a timely manner
- Informs the Division Chief of key points, due dates, suggestions, timelines and assists with assigning leads and responsible POC’s per requirements listed in the SPB tasker site
- Assists the Division Chief and/or team members with tasks by providing key details and communicating deadlines
- Reviews and edit documents, notes and Memos for spelling, grammar
- Logs tasks in SharePoint or MS Teams tracking system and update with notes and documents as task progresses
- Submits final document drafts to Office Director for review and approval and updates BMP Tasker site accordingly
- Collaborates with other offices and the BMP Front Office to assist with accomplishing tasks or for Q&A
- Closes all tasks when all approvers have come to an agreement and marks the task approved
- Provides deliverables on the BMP taskers, GPI inner division task, GPI Team SharePoint site, WAR, GPI teleconference lines and GPI T&A
- Provides secretarial, administrative, and task completion support to the Division Chief on own initiative and with little or no supervision
- Escalates issues, risks, and concerns if any task may not meet agreed upon schedule
- Draft office policies, memorandums, and other office related inner-and-external office related communications
- Prepares various reports to assist in data analysis for the office including the weekly activity report, week-ahead report, agendas, memos for action, etc.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience ; May accept additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of office experience
- Must hold an active secret security clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.