Job ID: 2113985
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Security Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Junior Security Analyst to join our team supporting an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team responsible for responding to IT auditors and helping to coordinate responses to annual audit findings impacting the security of the IT infrastructure. The junior security analyst will provide support to IT management in processing and analyzing audit findings and developing responses that address the core issues. Specifically, this job requires the following:
* Research and compile evidence in support of responses to security-related audits. Provide support for third-party audits performed by the OIG, including annual financial statement and FISMA audits, penetration tests, other external regulatory agencies, and internal oversight elements.
* Process time-sensitive auditor requests including artifacts, interviews, tests, demonstrations, and walkthroughs. Coordinate each request with appropriate stakeholders to obtain the requested materials, review for quality and completeness, submit for conveyance to the auditors, and maintain detailed records as to what was requested and what was provided.
* Collaborate with Federal POCs and SMEs to ensure auditor requests are addressed in a timely manner with a high standard of quality and consistency.
* Assist with audit finding closure memo drafting, responses to auditor reports (including the Annual FISMA audit report), and other audit related documentation.
* Support the PM by providing information for status reports, status briefings, schedules, project plans, etc., both in written and oral form.
Ability to quickly review the work products of others, employ your own knowledge of federal security doctrine, and ensure that timely and accurate feedback and recommended edits are delivered to the author(s). All work products should be ready for delivery to the client after only one review has been performed.
* Familiarity with IT Audits using FISCAM processes and procedures.
* Good understanding of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars A-123 and A-130, Federal Manager’s Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA), and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management and Cybersecurity Frameworks.
* Familiarity with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) frameworks and tools, such as, RSAM, CSAM, or experience with SA&A tools, such as Xacta.
* Ability to tailor information security processes and tools, based on ever evolving and changing landscapes, doctrine, and risk scenarios.
* Basic knowledge of FISMA and GAO compliance requirements.
* Understanding of SharePoint lists and workflows
* Fluency in both spoken and written English, including the ability to work with highly technical and specialized content. Must be able both prepare and deliver such content, verbally and in writing, but also comprehend such content from others, in both spoken and written form.
* Ability to prepare deliverables with sufficient quality such that very few minor, or no, edits are required to be made prior to conveyance to the client.
* Must be flexible with work schedule during surge periods of support.
* Ability to document processes as needed.
* Proficiency in explaining complex policies and protocols in simple terms.
* Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
* Undergraduate degree with two years experience or Graduate degree.
* At least one year of IT Audit or IT security experience in a technical environment with a variety of IT systems.
* One or more current Security certification (i.e. Security+).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.