SAIC is searching for a ServiceNow Developer to join our team supporting the DoD High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP).
NOTE: This is a remote / virtual / work from home position that can be accomplished from anywhere in the continental US; requires high speed internet connection to work effectively.
This person is responsible for supporting the design, development, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow. The successful candidate will collaborate with the existing internal ServiceNow team (and customers) following industry standards on a day to day activities and development projects. Development efforts will include (but are not limited to) custom portal pages, modules, API and software integrations, customized web pages, User interface policies, scripts, etc. The ServiceNow Developer will participate in administration of ServiceNow to include upgrades, updates, etc. as needed.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in ServiceNow.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Develops creative technical solutions to complex problems.
- Work is performed based on documented Project Implementation Plans.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies technical expertise and knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
- High School and nine (9) years of more experience: OR Associates degree and seven (7) years or more experience; OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; OR Masters and three (3) years or more experience; OR PhD and 0 years related experience;
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Fundamental understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities:
- Experience implementing best-practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Change Management, Service Catalog, Problem Management, Incident Management, CMDB, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, etc.
- Ability to provide ServiceNow customization and configuration including but not limited to: scripting, workflow administration, report setup, module customization, data imports and third-part software integration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively to meet required development milestones in a timely manner
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator certification, or the ability to obtain the certification within 90 days of hire
- Experience integrating API services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Able to travel up to 10 percent
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.