Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and environmental monitoring (EM) capabilities. These systems provide timely missile warning and mission critical environmental data to our warfighter to ensure mission success.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for an Integration and Test Engineer with mission integration experience in Department of Defense (DoD) space-based and ground systems with emphasis in Command & Control and Enterprise Ground Services. Candidate will provide systems engineering and integration expertise in support of the Space Systems Command (SSC) Space Based and Terrestrial Environmental Monitoring (EM) and Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) programs. Candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of end-to-end test & verification support for EM and OPIR space and ground segments to ensure proper sell-off of requirements as well as on-time delivery of capability to the warfighter.
Major duties of the position include:
- Identifying verification methodologies for complex space and ground systems, developing required verification plans
- Developing verification and test concepts, plans, procedures and reports
- Developing supporting analyses and documentation to support requirement and system sell-off
- Managing ground C2 and Enterprise Ground Services development, integration, and test toward operational acceptance
- Ensuring requirement traceability is established and maintained throughout requirement allocation, verification and testing
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop, review and release specifications and verification plans to field a next-generation system
- Reviewing specification and Interface Control Documents and requests for changes to determine impacts to verification and testing. , Ensure changes flow throughout verification and test planning
- Developing verification and test event baselines including coordination between ground and space in support of achieving program objectives, user needs and design milestones
- Supporting and reviewing system level requirements to verification events and generating metrics/reports on requirements verification status
- Contributing to a value-driven Systems Engineering team that drives design evolution in a systematic and thoughtful way
- Defining and verifying innovative solutions to complex mission critical problems
- Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems in support of common mission areas to include pre-contractual, development and production, as well as operations and sustainment
- Baccalaureate degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and five plus (5+) years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience or Master’s degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and three plus (3+) years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience
- Experience in working with Model Based Systems Engineering tools and requirements databases
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
- Active Secret Clearance
- Direct experience with DoD and/or NRO Space and Ground systems
- Direct experience with SBIRS and/or OPIR Next Generation System
- TS/SCI clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.