SAIC has an immediate opening for an AEGIS Weapon System Baseline Mid-Senior Engineer located in Washington, DC.
As part of an Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team, this position will help manage the development of an AWS Baseline (BL). In this role, the candidate will provide direct support the respective AEGIS BL Assistant Program Manager (APM).
- Organizing program reviews and lead program management team meetings.
- Facilitating land based test site scheduling.
- Updating the BL Integrated Master Schedule on PowerPoint.
- Posting programmatic artifacts on SharePoint.
- Managing programmatic risks for BL configurations, host Risk Advisory Boards, and Risk Reduction Meetings.
- Facilitating Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) boards such as Preliminary Design Review or Software Increment Reviews.
- Managing the land based test planning and execution.
- Managing the BL’s System Requirements Verification Matrix (SRVM).
- Working with other PEO IWS 1.0 program branches, specifically Ship Integration and Test, Computing Infrastructure, Test and Evaluation, and Systems Engineering.
- Coordinating BL development budgets and Task Planning Sheets.
- Evaluating Commercial Off the Shelf SW, processors, peripherals and displays for future BLs.
- Reviewing Computer Program Correction Reports (CPCR), determine priorities and implement BL solutions.
- Working with cyber experts to help develop AEGIS BL cybersecurity controls.
- Applying advanced virtualization and Agile SW development concepts to BL development.
- Managing Combat System Engineering Agent (prime vendor/OEM) contracts.
- Supporting sea-based testing on AEGIS cruisers and destroyers.
- Coordinating Vertical Launch System (VLS) waivers, Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) approvals, and AEGIS Combat System (ACS) authorizations for various shipboard events.
- Coordinating AWS certification with various stakeholders including Program Resource Acquisition Managers.
- Transitioning BL management to an in service status.
On the job training regarding the combat system, systems engineering and acquisition processes will be provided, making this an ideal position for anyone who does not meet many of the desired qualifications. However, the candidate must bring organizational, communications and office environment skills to the job from day one.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years or more experience.
- Ability to run a productive meeting and to help guide a diverse integrated team of various stakeholders (contractors, developers, testers, government sponsors, technical warrant holders) toward a path of success.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Must effectively communicate with high-level Military, Government, and Contractor personnel.
- Self-starter, energetic. Solid MS Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Five years’ experience with the AEGIS Weapon System or similar Integrated Combat System in the supporting program office, prime vendor or as an operator or maintainer.
- Experience identifying financial, personnel and IT resource requirements, conducting market research of tools and computing infrastructure, executing trade studies and drafting vendor contract requirements.
- AEGIS Combat Systems engineering or maintenance experience, especially related to the AEGIS computing infrastructure or the AEGIS Computer program.
- Civilian, contractor or military US Navy experience at sea or in a position directly supporting the fleet or the development of the fleet.
- Knowledge of broad principles of Systems Engineering and knowledge in support of System operations and -Ship/System capabilities.
- Knowledge of US Navy Combat Systems, preferably AEGIS baselines.
- Fleet operational Combat Systems experience, preferably along the lines of a Tactical Action Officer, Combat -Systems Officer, Systems Test Officer, or Combat Systems Maintenance Manager.
- Any and all IT knowledge to support development of this IT centric combat system.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.