SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Bring on Tomorrow!
We are seeking, an experience Senior Systems Engineer with SIGINT, SATCOM and RF / optical communications experience to provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to our customer on data transport systems and their component technologies, and act as both an inter-agency and intra-agency liaison for coordinating technology development activities in these disciplines with external groups. The candidate will also provide SME support to the customer on SIGINT / SATCOM policy matters, including reviewing and providing substantive comments on government and interagency policies, Enterprise Capability Descriptions (ECD), Statements of Capabilities (SOC), Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Memorandums of Agreements (MOA), and Charter reviews.
Additional Job Duties:
- Provide technical support to the Government program manager responsible for executing multiple simultaneous projects involving one or more of the above technologies.
- Review and analyze design, development, and test of optical and electro-optical systems and components, including payloads, telescopes, sensors, electro-optics, detectors, lasers, and fiber-optics for aircraft and space satellites as required by the customer.
- Review policy related documents to ensure customer requirements (both current and future) have not been impacted or restricted by providing redline edits and feedback where appropriate.
- Participate in design reviews and technical exchange meetings, preparing presentations, reviewing technical reports and providing written feedback.
- Monitor and analyze relevant policies and reforms and identify those policies that affect customer projects and systems. Articulate any findings in a clear and concise manner in a variety of methods, including reports and presentations.
- Provide technical assessment and support in a customer-facing role in the areas of optical communications, RF communications, and spectrum management.
- Provide policy recommendations for new and existing organization policy positions.
- Review and provide feedback on component specifications, tolerances, simulations, and test procedures for optical, opto-mechanical, and electro-optical systems and components.
- Review and provide feedback on developing operational concepts (CONOPS), mission threads, and approaches to employment of optical systems.
- Review research and development (R&D) efforts for a sound engineering-basis including management of technical risks.
- Provide technical support to customer activities and programmatic processes.
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status; brief Government and industry as required.
- Travel: CONUS and OCONUS travel up to 15% of time.
- Active TS//SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field OR (4 years of relevant experience may substitute in lieu of degree) and 18+ years of experience
- Must have expertise in one or more of the following technologies: SIGINT systems, satellite communications architectures, radio frequency (RF) system design, optical communications, and wireless communications.
- Must have experience with design, integration or test of RF systems, optical systems, or signal processing infrastructures.
- Must have knowledge of SIGINT systems for overhead operations.
- Must have experience developing portfolio/project strategic plans.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office software (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project and SharePoint).
- Must have ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment.
- Must have ability to execute assignments with little supervision and actively participate in a collaborative team environment.
- Must have ability to foster collaborative relationships, encourage teamwork, and promote cooperation.
- Must have understanding of the systems engineering process and applications.
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of systems engineering as applied to satellite/ground architectures, spacecraft and payloads.
- Experience using commercial analysis and modeling tools such as MATLAB, Solidworks, and Satellite Tool Kit (STK).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.