SAIC has a career opening for a Active Directory SME (Subject Matter Expert) in Ashburn, Virginia.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Once the threat of COVID has passed, the work will be onsite.
- The Active Directory Administrator SME is responsible for installing, operating, securing, and maintaining physical/virtual Microsoft based servers in support of Active Directory.
- Installs, upgrades, and patches operating systems and complex software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies, procedures, and Change Management process.
- Conducts routine software audits of Microsoft based servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in a team environment.
The successful candidate must be able to complete the following:
- Install, configure, secure, and administer Enterprise Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS applications for the Army National Guard Enterprise.
- Design, configure, and manage GPOs across a diverse Enterprise
- Recommend, implement, and enforce Role Based Access for Enterprise Assets
- Design and configure Disaster Recovery plans
- Troubleshoot and resolve communication and access issues on wide array of devices
- Create, execute and report on testing and implementation plans.
- Create, execute and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Enterprise Services
- Strong troubleshoot and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and nine (9) years or more experience; OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; OR Masters and three (3) years or more experience; OR PhD and 0 years related experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active SECRET security clearance
- Must have Level II DoD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+ CE prior to start date
- Must have the ability to obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 60 days of hire date
- 5+ years as a Systems Administrator (Microsoft)
- Experience maintaining Microsoft’s Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS services
- Experience maintaining Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 platforms
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.